Many people out there think they are blogging. Are they just blogging to blog? Or are they strategically blogging to get results and drive the efforts closer to success?
I often hear people say that they "blog." When I dig deeper, I find out that their "blog process" looks something like this:
- Keyword research (MAYBE)
- Determine the keywords they are going to use (MAYBE)
- Put some words into paragraphs that somewhat touch on a topic
- Stuff (over-stuff) their keywords
- Publish their blog post
If this is someone's blog post approach, what happens next? Do they know what their blog is doing and how it's performing? I don't think so. Do they WANT to know? I (definitely) don't think so. What they will find is under-performance, low traffic, low conversions, and little-to-no success.
Ask yourself these questions to align your efforts with a strategic approach to blogging that sets you up for success.
Ask These Questions to Get Your Blog Strategy On Track for Success
1. Are you researching keywords and key phrases?
2. Do you know how your keywords and key phrases relate to your target persona?
3. Do you know who your target persona is?
5. Do you know what content your target persona wants at different phases of the buyer's journey?
6. Do you have a plan in place to create content that speaks to your target persona's buyer's journey so that you can guide them through this process and lead them to the content you want them to see and nurture them through the process?
You might be blogging, but there's a lot more to it than just putting some words in paragraphs and posting a blog post.
If you don't have a strategy in place, it's time to dig in and consider how you can get more results from your blogging efforts. I've shared some links below to some great resources to help you get started!