Recently, I shared a post explaining how to send videos via email. Due to spam, security, and email hosting features, many email clients do not allow video embeds directly into emails, so with a few easy steps, marketers and salespeople can send video via email, just not with an actual embed. If you are a Hubspot Sales user at the Professional or Enterprise level, I have good news! Not long ago, Hubspot announced a feature that enables salespeople (or any Hubspot user communicating with a contact through the CRM) to embed videos directly into their 1:1 emails!
Here are just a few reasons this exciting feature is valuable and vital to the sales process:
- Video creates a more personal and humanized sales experience.
- Sales reps that use video in prospecting, relationship-building, and sales emails see 5x higher open rates and 8x higher open-to-reply rates.
- Video can help to establish and build trust with a prospect that doesn't yet know you.
Ways to Use Video in the Sales Process:
- PROSPECTING: Cold prospecting, follow-up, account-based sales approach
- RELATIONSHIP-BUILDING: Sharing marketing content, utilizing content from the web, saying hello
- SELLING: Micro-demos, follow-up, check-ins with existing customers, break-up videos with prospects who have gone cold
For more information on this subject, Hubspot has an extensive blog on utilizing video in your sales strategy.
- Log into your Hubspot account.
- In the top left corner of the navigation menu, click CONTACTS, then CONTACTS in the drop-down menu.
- Find the contact you want to send a personalized email to by searching for their name in the SEARCH bar.
- Click their NAME and open their contact record.
- To the right of the CONTACT NAME, click EMAIL.
- Click the small VIDEO icon under the email body text area.
- If you haven't set up or connected your Vidyard Go account yet, you will be prompted to do so.
- If you already have videos saved to your Vidyard account, you will see the videos open in the window. Select the video in the menu, then skip to STEP 15.
- If you want to create a new video, screen recording, or upload a video not yet in your account, click 'NEW VIDEO.'
- When creating or uploading a new video, it will open a preview of what you are recording and this is where you can change settings, choose your mic or camera, etc.
- When you're ready, click START RECORDING. There will be a 3-second countdown before starting.
- If you need to start over, click RESTART.
- When you're done recording, click STOP.
- Name your recording above the video preview. (NOTE: This text will show in the email body, so name it something catchy for the prospect or recipient).
- In the bottom right, click INSERT, and the thumbnail and preview text will be placed directly in the email body.
- Fill out the rest of your email, then click SEND. (NOTE: Use a catchy subject line that speaks to your video to encourage the recipient to open and see your video in the email.)
It's no secret that video is becoming more and more important to marketing and sales professionals. Whether you are utilizing video in marketing emails as part of your marketing strategy or during your sales process, ensure you are taking advantage of the tools and tips that help you to generate more, quality leads and improve your sales performance.