People often think of marketing and sales and two separate disciplines—after all, they’re usually relegated to separate departments. But in reality, there’s a lot of overlap, and salespeople can take advantage of a lot of the same tactics that marketers use. Here are ten ways salespeople can ultimately close more deals by using marketing, HubSpot’s marketing software, and Sidekick (email intelligence software) together for a comprehensive approach.
- Leads generated via inbound marketing are usually more sales-ready. Prospects are given the ability to “raise their hands” and self-identify as desiring your solution, so these leads are significantly more valuable and move quicker through the sales pipeline than leads generated via outbound tactics.
- With inbound marketing tactics, salespeople can position themselves as thought leaders in the industry. When salespeople write and share quality, helpful content, they’re viewed as subject matter experts and trusted advisors.
- Salespeople can keep “not-ready-to-buy-yet” prospects engaged by sharing helpful articles and visuals like infographics—it gives the salesperson a legitimate reason to follow up and sustains an ongoing dialog.
- Sales can use content (links to blog articles, case studies, white papers, eBooks, etc.) to answer the prospect’s questions. Prospects appreciate the “extras” when it comes to getting their questions answered—it keeps the conversation more interesting than just verbally communicating everything, and it also gives prospects something to keep as a reference and reminder.
- HubSpot notifications alert salespeople who they should be calling. With automated alerts, salespeople don’t waste time going through notes or trying to remember next steps.
- HubSpot notifications alert salespeople when their prospects are viewing their online content so they know when to call. Calling blind gets mixed results because you’re shooting in the dark. But when you’re able to call just when a prospect is getting seriously interested, you’re much more likely to get a quick response.
- HubSpot notifications alert sales people to the topics that prospects are interested in, so they know what to talk to them about. If you wish you could read your prospects’ minds to know what gets them charged up, you’ll want to use these notifications.
- Sidekick alerts sales people to when emails are opened and if links are clicked. No more wondering if prospects are reading your emails.
- Sidekick email templates save time by making it easy for sales people to build and send customizable emails. Think about how much time you actually spend crafting and designing emails—it’s probably significant, and time you could be spending doing other things.
- HubSpot list segmentation allows salespeople to quickly respond to trends and build customized prospect lists. You can deliver targeted, specifically-applicable information to each of your prospects.
When salespeople think beyond traditional outbound techniques, a new world opens up to them—a world where leads move faster through the pipeline and close more quickly. A world where salespeople can get more done in less time, and ultimately, earn higher commissions.