Content marketing is the art and science of converting the thought leadership of partners and subject matter experts into materials that can be published, promoted and shared. And when you get your content published, promoted and shared, you’re filling the top of your sales funnel with prospects that want to see or hear what you have to say.
If your accounting or consulting firm is looking for more ROI from their investment in marketing and business development you should be considering lead generation campaigns based around the thought leadership of your firm. This is known as “content marketing.”
While many professional services firms have been doing this in some fashion for quite a long time, new marketing thinking and tools like inbound marketing, social media, search engine optimization (SEO) and blogging are putting the need for a constant and consistent supply of fresh, relevant and interesting content at the front and center of new business efforts.
If you are not yet convinced that content marketing is right for your firm, here are 20 reasons why you need content marketing:
- Content marketing is a key part of a lead acquisition strategy.
- It attracts customers at significantly lower costs.
- It's available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- It's cost effective re. less out of pocket spending required.
- It creates “hands-free” opportunities to get thought leadership shared.
- It improves customer loyalty and retention.
- It establishes thought leadership.
- It provides focused niche growth.
- It helps your firm build its brand.
- It helps partners build personal brands.
- It helps prospects find your business.
- It positions firm as a trusted advisor.
- It improves search engine rankings.
- It presents opportunities for competitive differentiation.
- It provides for different messaging at different points in the buying cycle.
- It provides something of value to prospects and customers.
- It provides a platform for cross selling to customers.
- It provides SEO benefits.
- It focuses on lead conversion and nurturing.
- It shortens the sales cycle.
More professional service companies are realizing the benefits of content marketing. You don't have to start with a huge program — you can simply get started with blogging and social media and expand from there.